Weathertech 40188 Cargo Liner Review
Thursday, October 6, 2011
by Marie Pineiro
| Posted in
cargo liner,
General
Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I bought this cargo liner because it is supposed to be a custom fit for the back of my 2008 Chevy Trailblazer.At first glance it seemed it would fit the contours of the cargo area perfectly.Once I put it into the vehicle, however, there was a 1/2" - 1" gap all the way around between the vertical lip and the interior of the vehicle.I bought the liner to catch water/mud/snow from the dog/stroller/outdoors gear that I put in the back, so I wish it had a tight fit all the way around.Because of the gap, there will still be some stuff that gets by the liner.
This is a shame, because there is obviously a lot of effort that goes into following the individual vehicle contours for each Weathertech liner.So to have the liner about 1-1.5 inches short in each direction defeats the purpose.
The liner has three marked locations for cutting holes to accommodate the D-rings on the floor, which are required for front-facing child seat tethers.This is a good idea, EXCEPT that so far, the one that I have used was about 1.5-2 inches off in the left-right direction, although it was aligned perfectly along the front-back axis.
I really like my other Weathertech floor liners, but I sprung for this cargo liner instead of the Husky cargo liner, and now I'm not sure it was worth the extra money.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Weathertech 40188 Cargo Liner
Product Description:
WeatherTechCargo Liners provide complete trunk - cargo area protection. WeatherTechcargo liners are computer designed to fit your vehicle and have a raised lip to keep spills, dirt and grease off your vehicle's interior, protecting your carpeting from normal wear and tear. Made from a proprietary custom blended TPO (thermopolyolefin) that is not only wear resistant, but also remains flexible under temperature extremes. The WeatherTechCargo Liner features a textured finish which helps to keep cargo from shifting, and is perfect for hauling just about anything from gardening supplies to construction materials to the family pet. Protect your investment with a WeatherTechCargo Liner.Quality bulit in America, WeatherTechCargo Liners meet FMVSS302 and are TUV approved. Available in three colors, Black, Tan or Grey. Available for car trunks, SUV's and minivans.Please note that the on-screen color representations are not necessarily precise representations of actual product colors due to variance in monitor calibrations.
Want to buy Weathertech 40188 Cargo Liner at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below: